Pinchos and punctures
The alarm sounded. We ignored it, happy in the knowledge that today was quite a short day. Not as short as yesterday but still a mere 34 miles. I've kept the next two days short because of the word, Pyranees. Actually, leaving Bilbao was seriously up. The sat nav tried taking us up a street which was so steep, it was actual stairs. We made the sat nav think again and it took us up a street which might as well have been stairs. Five minutes of that and we decided it was time for breakfast. We stopped at a little roadside bar and had little baps full of prosciutto type ham and a coffee. I now know these little baps, which are a ubiquitous part of the Spanish diet - it seems - are called pinchos. We are also discovering that they include this ham with every dish that they make. Chicken and ham. Tuna and ham. Prawn and ham, Pork and ham... As we set off again, I remembered something which a Spanish man had called out to us yesterday. We didn't know one word of what h...

Comments
Post a Comment